Digital Calibration- and Measurement Box
In combination with a PC, laptop or tablet PC the digital calibration and measurement unit (DCMU box) is an ideal solution for testing, documenting and calibrating sensors, especially incremental rotary encoders. The DCMU box has a modular structure combining the following components:
- a high-resolution, 4-channel USB measuring card
- a USB module for communicating via the sensors' I2C and PuV interface to set/correct the encoder signal parameters
- input signal electronics for processing differential signalsa USB memory stick for storing software, measurement unit calibration data, measurement data and data sheets.
The practical and robust design of the DCMU box allows it to be used not only in production and quality control, but also in harsh industrial environments.
Do you have questions? Call us:
A comprehensive software package is included in the DCMU box delivery. The individual programs incorporate countless suggestions arising out of our customers' experience. This ensures that operation of the DCMU box is both intuitive and simple. The software currently includes the following programs:
Current drivers for Microsoft Windows
TRIM: The software package TRIM includes the programs TRIM_P and TRIM_Tablet. TRIM_Tablet is a simplified version of TRIM_P designed for computers with low processing power, e.g. tablet PCs with Windows operating systems.
- rapid online analysis of encoder signals for speeds up to more than 100,000 rpm
clear display and colour-coded evaluation (green = OK, red = problem) of all significant signal parameters of analogue SIN/COS encoders
analysis of gearwheel quality (defects, radial run-out)
logging of signal and gearwheel parameters in an EXCEL file
online visualisation and numerical logging of the signal sequence of analogue SIN/COS encoders
automatic adjustment of magnetic 1Vpp encoder signal parameters in combination with the ProCal program
Monitor: Software for online monitoring of analogue rotary encoder signals
- clear display of all significant signal parameters of analogue SIN/COS encoders
- online visualisation of the signal sequence of analogue SIN/COS encodersdata recorder with external trigger function: if the encoder is attached to a controller, and if the controller detects an encoder error, the corresponding output signal from the controller can be used to trigger the monitor program. Once the external trigger has been activated, the signal sequence of the encoder is recorded for an adjustable time window immediately before the trigger point. The stored data can then be analysed.
- data recorder
- FFT analysis
- DCMU box calibration
- setting the signal parameters of magnetic 1Vpp encoders over the I2C interface
- automatic adjustment of magnetic 1Vpp encoder signal parameters in combination with the TRIM program
- readout of the encoder serial number and production date
setting the signal parameters of magnetic 1Vpp encoders over the I2C or PuV interface
automatic adjustment of magnetic 1Vpp encoder signal parameters in combination with the TRIM program
operation hours counter and speed monitoring
readout of the encoder serial number and production date
Various EXCEL spreadsheets for storage/documentation of the measurement results of TRIM
Bespoke software on request
The DCMU box software is constantly being developed in order to incorporate new requirements arising from user experience and take into account further developments of our sensor hardware. To download the latest software and drivers, please register via the button "Registration". A release of the registration takes place in a short time.